Entry Visa [D-4-1]

  • Most of the language course students can get a six-month visa upon their first arrival.
  • Please note that the certificate of admission needed for the D-4-1 type of visa application can be issued to those who register for the regular program 1 year.
  • The required documents and period of visa issuance are different from countries. Therefore, applicants must check the information about visa issuance in advance at the Korean Consulate in their residence.

Alien Registration & Visa Extension [D-4]

* We don’t offer printing and copying services.

Please scroll and check left and right.

Alien Registration Visa Extension
How to apply Visit the Korean Language Institute Office of HNU

※ Address: Korean Language Institute office, Building #50, 70, Hannam-ro, Daedeok-gu, Daejeon, Republic of Korea

Required documents
  • 1Copy of Passport
  • 21 Color Photo (3.5cm x 4.5cm)
  • 3Copy of Housing Contract
  • 4Fee: 30,000 KRW (Cash only)
  • 1Alien Registration Card
  • 2Copy of Passport
  • 3Tuition Receipt
  • 4Copy of Housing Contract

    ※ If you did not make a contract with your name, please bring a copy of the contracted person’s ID card.

  • 5Fee: 60,000 KRW (Cash only)
  • Register within 90 days of entry. If not, you will be fined.
  • If you leave Korea during your study, you must tell the office and posses the Alien Registration card. (In case of Chinese, you can’t leave China and your visa is invalid if you do not possess it.)
  • If you lose your Alien Registration card, please visit the local immigration office and register yourself. (You need to pay KRW 30,000 again.)
  • You can extand a visa 4 months before the expiration date.
  • You will be fined when you extend a visa after the expiration date.

    ※ Please prepare all the documents and apply for a visa extension at least 10 days before the visa expires.

  • Visa extension may be limited if the attendance is under 70%.

    ※ When the attendance rate is 70% or less for the second times, there may be some restrictions for visa extension – return to home country.

  • ※ In case attendance rate is lower than 70%:
    • ① Documents for financial capacity (about 5,000USD or more)
  • You will be fined
    • ① If you apply for a visa extension after the expiration date
    • ② If your current residential address is different from your registered address
  • There may be restrictions for visa extension depending on the attendance rate of the previous semester.
    • When the attendance rate is 70% or less for the first time : You will have one chance to extend your visa with the following document : letter of explanation & bank statement
    • When the attendance rate is 70% or less for the second times : There may be some restrictions for visa extension (Return to home country)
Change in Residence
  • Visit the local Gu or Dong office.
  • Required documents

    ① Alien Registration card

    ② Copy of housing contract

    * Additional documents may be requested on a case-by-case basis.

  • Report within 14 days of the change. If not, you will be fined.
Part-time work
  • Online application (www.hikorea.go.kr) or visit the local immigration office.
  • Required documents

    ① Part-time work of foreign student confirmation form

    ※ Note

  • Permitted for D-4 visa holders who have stayed in Korea more than 6 months.
  • Not allowed to the students whose attendance rate average is under 90%
  • 25-hour part time work is available if you have TOPIK at least 2 level above.
    10-hour part time work for non possessor.
  • You will be deported or fined 1 million KRW when doing illegal part-time work.
Daejeon Immigration Office
  • Address: 7, Mokjung-ro 26beon-gul, Jung-hu, Daejeon, Republic of Korea
  • Office Hours: 09:00 a.m. ~ 18:00 p.m.
  • Contact Phone No.: 1345 (Without an area code)